Monday, August 08, 2005

favorites

This is a post, or at least topic, that I hope to return to... if only for my own edificiation and memory.

Basically it's a list - in this case, of bands that I like. Beyond just a random outpouring of love for any and ever band I've ever heard (no offense to all the super-hyper, always excited and ready for anything teen bloggers out there) my hope for this list is that it will be concise, and specific. Put another way, I'd like to be able to name a few of my favorite songs and a little of the history of each band on the list... not just their name. And, if asked, I'd like to be able respond to a question about why a band is on this list with an impromptu discussion of what makes them good.

In any case, what I hope for this list is of little concern to all of you desperately reading along, thinking "When is he going to get to the liiiiiiiiiist, I must read the liiiiiiiiiiiiist and form my opinions derivatively from someone else's." For those people, and for those of you not aching to define yourselves from my likes (and I suppose, dislikes), here it is:

(btw, sorry to butt in here, but I just want to throw up a little disclaimer about this not being in alphabetical, or really any sort of, order... etc, etc, ad nauseum - as if you really care)

Cake
Sublime
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Audioslave
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Ben Folds
Blink 182
Green Day (Greenday? ... I don't know)
Modest Mouse
Weezer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home