Wednesday, June 15, 2005

the "Dubble Bubble" myth

Why is Dubble Bubble named in a way so as to create the impression of multiple bubbles?

Certainly one can blow more than one bubble with Dubble Bubble... but this can be said about 99.9% of all bubble gums.

I hold that there is more to the bubble gum experience than merely blowing bubbles. One must consider such factors as jaw fatigue, flavor fade, and the all important bubble size capacity.

In these regards, I find myself disappointed with the aforementioned Dubble Bubble. Particularly in the categories of jaw fatigue and flavor fade, the Dubble Bubble experience is sub Dubble. I'd go so far as to say that it is sub one Bubble.

It is for this reason that I propose Dubble Bubble rename itself to better reflect it's true properties. Perhaps Half(ubble) Bubble would be more appropiate and reflective of the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home