Saturday, May 21, 2005

More Stupid People!!!

I work in a Computing Help Desk.

Thus it is the nature of my work that I get to "interface" with stupid people all day long. (In case you're stupid, and don't know why this is... think about it... what do you do when you have a problem? That's right, you ask someone for help. Smart people rarely do this... and when they do, it takes far less time to explain things to them.)

Observations I have made while at work:

  • Stupid people inevitably don't believe they are stupid. Not even if you tell them. Multiple times even.
  • Stupid people like to break things. It's what they do. And it's my job to fix them (the things, not the people... though sometimes I wonder). And it's apparently part of their character, or maybe they're just so proud of the effort they put into breaking them (because it takes effort, I assure you), that they feel they must resist all my efforts to fix what they broke.
  • Stupid people are stupid. Obviously... but the level to which they are stupid is, in some cases, appalling. Just when you think you have reached the heights (or depths, depending on your outlook) or what stupid can achieve... you are surprised with a new level that blows way past previous limits.
  • Stupid people often like to talk about other people they feel intellectually superior to. This is a perfect example of the proverbial pot calling the proverbial kettle proverbial black. Only it's not a proverb. Stupid people love to call other people stupid - no doubt because inherent in doing so is the implication that they are not stupid. Trust me, there's nothing better than seeing (and hearing) one stupid person, talking to another stupid person, about someone else that they both agree is stupider than both of them. If this weren't so mind-bogglingly depressing, it'd be hilarious.
This list is far from complete... but it's what I needed to get off my chest at the moment. I'm sure this will be a recurring theme here at AU1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home